NEIMAN MARCUS BROWNIES
1 box butter cake mix (can be substituted with butter pecan, yellow, or german chocolate)
1 cup softened margarine, divided
3 eggs, divided
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound powdered sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Mix cake mix, 1/2-cup margarine and 1 egg. Press into pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, remaining 1/2-cup margarine, remaining 2 eggs, vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Pour over cake mixture. Sprinkle top with pecans.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until filling appears set when pan is gently shaken.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars of desired size.
Jo's Personal Touch and Catering